This procedure will reset the change oil light on a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt:
- Turn the key to the ignition position.
- Press the “Information” button and the “Reset” button on the DIC at the same time, this is how you enter the “Personalization” menu mode.
- Keep pressing the “Information” button until you scroll to the menu item of “Oil Life Reset”.
- Press and hold the “Reset” button until the DIC display shows “Acknowledged”. Once this is displayed the DIC has acknowledged that the “Oil Life” is reset.
- Then turn the key to off and then start the engine to verify that the”Change Oil” light is not on.